Tenant Insurance

Tenants at Huron-Sussex will be held financially responsible for any damages to University property.

The University does not carry insurance for loss or damage to your personal property, nor is it responsible for doing so. We strongly advise that you obtain insurance for your personal property as well as for personal liability.

Helpful resources while searching for coverage:

Insurance Tips

  • Take photographs of valuable items such as furniture, appliances, computers, or books and store these photos outside of the apartment in case you have to make an insurance claim.
  • Keep all the receipts you possibly can to prove what you own and what you paid for it. Valuable items (e.g., cameras, computers, jewelry, etc.) are often insured only up to a set maximum
  • The policy may also set a maximum amount of coverage for individual pieces. If you have items that exceed the maximum coverage, consider having them individually insured.
  • Individually insured pieces are covered not only against fire, theft, and floods, but against loss and damage.