Charles St. West
Community Life Updates
UFH Fall Programming Now Available
We are excited to announce that our fall programs and events are now available for registration on our website at universityfamilyhousing.utoronto.ca/events/
There’s programs to choose from, including:
- Ping Pong Mondays (adults 18+)
- Outdoor and Indoor Adventures (ages 7 – 13)
- STEM Program – Science, Tech, Engineering & Math (ages 7 – 13)
- Family Fun Games and Movies Night (ages 5+ and Adults)
- Jr. Gardeners Club (ages 5 – 12)
We hope you’ll join us for fun this fall!
Health and Dental Benefits Information Session for Graduate Students
Featuring presentations from GSU and CUPE3902 about the supplementary plans you are entitled to!
- Health and dental benefits, accident benefits, and travel insurance benefits
- How students co‐ordinate with their CUPE benefits if they are TAs
- How to opt‐in family members to your benefits
- Benefits guaranteed by the Collective Agreement
- The Health Care Spending Account (HCSA)
Time: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 from 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Location: Join the Zoom Call at: uoft.me/health-dental-session
Meeting ID: 884 6990 2230
Note: Please review the following resources so that you can have questions ready for the presenter:
Family Care Office Orientation for Students with Family Responsibilities
The Family Care Office (FCO) invites incoming and current students with family responsibilities to Orientation 2022! On Friday, September 23 from 10 am – 12 pm, the FCO will be hosting an Orientation session during which you can learn about services, resources and supports available across the University. On Saturday, September 24, 10 am – 12:30 pm, the FCO will be hosting a panel of three students who will talk about their experiences of being a student with family responsibilities. After the panel, musician Michelle Rumball will lead our families in a child-friendly musical activity. Register in advance.
Friday’s Orientation: https://familycare.utoronto.ca/events/workshops/#7434
Saturday Student Panel and Family Event: https://familycare.utoronto.ca/events/workshops/#1483
Family Care Office Student Advisory Committee Volunteer
The Family Care Office (FCO) has a Student Advisory Committee that meets 3 times during the academic year (usually in November, January and then in March). This committee has been useful as a way for the FCO office to hear directly from students about their services and programming. It has also been an opportunity for students with family responsibilities to provide feedback on their experiences as UofT students. The committee’s role has been:
- To provide advice and recommendations for improvement on services currently offered by the FCO
- To provide advice on the outreach efforts of the office
- To assist in identifying new programs and initiatives for the FCO
- To comment on the policies of the Family Care Office and the university policies related to family issues.
- To identify future directions and potential areas for growth.
If you would have an interest in joining this committee, please email Kaye Francis, Manager of the Family Care Office, at email@example.com,with your name, year, and level of study, and brief outline of your family responsibilities. The FCO hopes to have a diverse representation of the student population on the committee, and as such, may not be able to accept all volunteer applications.
This is an approved Co-Curricular Record opportunity. You will be required to submit a self-reflection to obtain the Co-Curricular Record approval. Please note, the FCO has not decided as of yet if meetings will be in-person or virtual.