Community Life Updates
Spaces Still Available in These UFH Programs!
Want to get involved with UFH’s amazing programs for adults and children, but feel like everything is already full? Not to worry! There is still registration space in the following programs!
- Ping Pong Mondays (all ages): Beat the cold and come out to join your neighbours and friends for a game of Ping Pong! Youth between the age of 12 to 16 must be accompanied by an adult during their participation.
- Soap Making, part of the Sustainability in Toronto Series (adults 18+): Next week is our soap making workshop! Participants will learn about creating household cleaning materials at home!
- Visit the Bata Shoe Museum with UFH: From ancient Egyptian sandals to modern high-tech sneakers, the museum explores how shoes have defined and reflected cultures throughout the ages. Join us for a fun day exploring the history of shoes!
Annual Food and Toy Drive
November 10, 2023 – November 30, 2023 | 35 Charles lobby
Support the annual Food and Toy Drive organized by Housing Services, the Family Care Office, Varsity Blues, and the University of Toronto Students’ Union. All proceeds of the drive will be given to student families registered with the UofT Food Bank and other student families in need. Please join our efforts and help us to gift a smile!
We are looking for:
- Unwrapped new toys (in their packaging), games, and books
- Non-perishable food items
Family Care Office: Film Festival
The 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence are recognized globally from November 25th to December 10th. November 25th is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women and December 10th is International Human Rights Day. In honour of these 16 Days, the U of T Community Safety Office, in partnership with equity offices and partners, including the Family Care Office, is presenting a Film Festival, showcasing a broad range of genres, to be screened simultaneously on the three campuses.
Family members are welcome to accompany U of T community members at two of the films: Moana & Encanto
If you are bringing family members, preregistration (by November 20) is required.
- Register for Moana on Monday, November 27 at 7 pm.
- Register for Encanto on Thursday, November 30 at 7 pm.