You Are Eligible If
You are eligible if you are applying from outside the Greater Toronto area, and you are:
- A newly appointed faculty with a full time tenure stream appointment at the University of Toronto.
- A newly appointed faculty with a full time continuing status stream appointment in the teaching stream at the University of Toronto.
You Are not Eligible If
- You have a Contractually Limited Term Appointment (CLTA)
- You have a clinical and/or status only appointment
- You are a post-doctoral fellow
- You have a staff appointment
- You are a student
- You have previously stayed in New Faculty Housing either as the primary applicant or the spouse/partner of the primary applicant
Length of Stay
The eligibility period is a limited term, up to four years from date of first appointment to the University, and with normal turnover occurring each July. For example, if your appointment commences any time during 2023, you would be eligible to stay in housing until to July 31, 2027.
Remember: The eligibility period is calculated from the year of appointment and not from your move-in date.
Your commitment to faculty housing is on an annual basis and with that, an annual lease. The lease year runs from August 1 to July 31.
Occupancy agreements terminate every July 31. Renewal requests are distributed in February and completed renewals are due in by the end of March.
Due to the length and nature of this housing program, we do not grant requests for, or allow:
- Stay extensions
- Subletting of any kind (friends, relatives, Airbnb, etc.)
- Unit transfers
Although we encourage you to stay the year, if you find yourself, for whatever reason, departing housing before your lease or housing eligibility expires, we require three month’s (90 days) advance notice, or, payment in-lieu of notice.
Faculty Housing at Huron-Sussex
Articles of Incorporation