Charles Street West
Who are our Security Guards?
Our Security is provided through a company called Allied Universal, that trains guards for working in residential settings like ours.
Charles Street Security Contact
416 – 729 – 1592 (Main Number)
416 – 779 – 1683 (35 Charles St W)
416 – 709 – 5265 (30 Charles St W)
Security’s Role at Charles Street
security can help with
- Removing intruders and assisting in emergencies such as fire or theft.
- Accessing lockers and unit lockouts.
- Performing wellness checks.
- Reporting noise and smoking complaints.
- After hours maintenance concerns.
- Reminding residents to use their FOB key.
security cannot help with
- Accepting and holding deliveries and packages.
- Investigating parcel thefts.
- Performing arrests.
- Admitting guests or food delivery personnel
Security Staff Structure
- There are 2-3 guards on duty, including a shift manager, 24/7.
- If a guard is not in the booth at 30 Charles, they are responding to a call or on patrol.
- The lobby booth at 35 Charles is the central hub for security staff. There is always a guard in this booth, monitoring site surveillance cameras, unless there is an emergency situation.
I’ve contacted Security – What happens next?
While Security can often tackle a situation in the moment, some situations are complex and ongoing, and Security is only one piece of the solution. Any incidents reported to Security gets recorded in a report that is filed with the Residence Office each morning, and followed up on as needed. If you have a question about a report, or would like to discuss an incident further (e.g. a noise or smoking complaint), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s important to remember Security are not an emergency service. In the event of an emergency, please call 911 or the appropriate services directly.