Community Life Updates
UFH Haunted Halloween Event
October 28th, 2023 | 6:30pm – 8:30pm | 3rd floor of 30 Charles Street West
Join us for UFH’s annual Halloween celebrations! There will be a guided ‘spooky’ tour of a Haunted House (appropriate for all ages), a witches’ reading corner, trick or treat giveaways, and more! These activities will take place in the Activity Room, Drop-in Centre, and Meeting Room on the 3rd floor of 30 Charles Street. No registration required and all are welcome!
We are looking forward to seeing everyone in their favourite costumes!
Sustainability Series, Tree Walk
Sunday, October 29th | 11:00am to 1:00pm | Meet in in 35 Charles Lobby
Join us for a tree walk around Queen’s Park. Learn to identify various types of trees and their significance to our environment, while enjoying the beautiful fall colors!
Trick-or-Treat at Charles Street
Tuesday, October 31st from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Stay safe and happy this Halloween by following these guidelines:
Handing out treats?
- Pick up a Trick-or-Treat door tag at the Halloween display table in the lobby of 35 Charles St. starting Thursday, October 26th.
- Hang the door tag on your front door handle to indicate you are giving out treats.
- Secure pets before answering the door.
- Edible treats must be commercially wrapped. Homemade treats are not permitted. Avoid allergens and choking hazards, including nuts, hard candy, and chewing gum.
- Consider giving treats other than candy, like stickers, or school or art supplies.
Parents of trick-or-treaters:
- Only go to apartments that have Treat-or-Treat door tags on their front door handles. Please be mindful that not everyone celebrates Halloween for religious, cultural, or other reasons.
- Do not enter apartments. Collect treats at the door.
- Children should be accompanied by an adult.
Family Care Office: Life Management Series for Students – Making the Most of Your Time and Energy
Thursday, November 9th | 12:00pm – 1:00pm | Online
All of us have 24-hours in a day. Balancing family care and school is challenging, but there are strategies and supports that can help. This one-hour interactive workshop helps student parents to create realistic goals for their family and academic lives. In this workshop, learn how to put your tips and tricks into practice!
Family Care Office: Student Advisory Committee Applications
The Family Care Office is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 student Advisory Committee. Their Student Advisory Committee meets 3 times during the academic year (usually in November, January and then in March).
For more info, visit Student Advisory Committee & Work Study Positions. Deadline for applications is October 23, 2023.