Community Life Updates
Free Store Updated Hours
Starting November 8, 2023, the Free Store hours on Wednesdays will be changed to 5-7 pm. However, our operating hours for Saturdays will remain the same at 2-4 pm. As a reminder, residents are also encouraged to bring Household Hazardous Waste to dispose in our designated bins during these operating times.
New UFH Programs for Children
We are excited to announce three new children’s programs for the winter!
- Wednesday Indoor Play Date (Parent and Child, ages 0-5)
- Sunday Math Adventures (Ages 4-8)
- Saturday Planet Protectors Junior (ages 5-9)
Registration for these programs will open Monday, November 6th at 9:00 am. Please be mindful that a recreation account is needed to register and the account approval process on our system takes 2-3 days, so creating your account before registration opens is in your best interest.
New UFH Programs for Adults
We are excited to launch these new educational and fun programs for adults in our community!
- Flu and Vaccination: Your Guide to Virus Season with Discovery Pharmacy
- Limited Series: Tea & Snacks with the RAs
- Visit the Bata Shoe Museum with UFH!
Registration for these programs will open Monday, November 6th at 9:00 am and are limited to those who are 18 years or older.
UFH Step-up Challenge
No registration required!
Let’s get moving before the snow hits! Join us for a fun UFH-wide step challenge for your health and to win one of two $25 gift cards.
The UFH Step-up challenge will run for two weeks. From Monday, November 20th 2023 till Sunday, December 3rd 2023. Each Sunday the resident with the most steps for the week will win a $25 grocery gift card.
Please follow the steps below to participate.
- Go to: https://join.thestepupapp.com/nR3f
- Create an account and link your wearable device if needed.
- Encourage or challenge your neighbours to join!
- Make sure to check in to the app every day to record your steps.
UofT Libraries: Beeping Dino Egg Hunt (Children’s Event)
Saturday, November 4th, 2023 | 10:00am –11:00am | Earth Sciences Library (Noranda), Second Floor, 5 Bancroft Ave. 2nd floor
This event is primarily designed for visually impaired children, but all children are welcome to attend.
In this family-friendly event, caregivers are welcome to bring children to participate in a fun egg hunt, where the children will seek out eggs hidden around the library and collect them to trade them in for a fun goody bag. In addition, staff will facilitate story time for children to enjoy.
Once you register, you will be sent an email with further instructions closer to the date of the event. Children are welcome to bring their sibling(s) or a friend of all ability levels along.
Registration is required. Register here
If you have additional questions leading up to the event, please email email@example.com
Family Care Office: Upcoming Events
The Family Care Office has several events planned for November including:
- Life Management Series for Students: Making the Most of Your Time and Energy
- Choosing Child Care that Works for Your Family
- Staff Pregnancy/Parental/Adoption/Primary Caregiver Leave Planning Seminar
For the full list of upcoming events, check out their website.