Community Life Updates
Events and Programs at Charles Street
Even as we approach December, there is still plenty to do at UFH! Listed below are some of the upcoming events happening at Charles Street. For more programs and events, check out our events calendar on our website.
- Toronto Public Library Pop-Up Event: December 2nd, 2022, 2:00pm-4:00pm, 30 Charles Activity Room
- Learn to Love Winter: Thursday, December 8th, 2022, 7:00 – 8:00 pm, via Zoom
- World Cup 2022 at UFH: Various Dates, 35 Charles Recreation Room
Annual Food & Toy Drive
November 18th, 2022 – December 2, 2022, 35 Charles lobby
Support the annual Food and Toy Drive organized by Housing Services, the Family Care Office, Varsity Blues, and the University of Toronto Students’ Union. All proceeds of the drive will be given to student families registered with the UofT Food Bank and other student families in need. Please join our efforts and help us to gift a smile!
We are looking for:
- Unwrapped new toys (in their packaging), games, and books
- Non-perishable food items
Upcoming Family Care Events
December 2 PA Day Family Activity
December 2, 2022, 12:00pm-4:00pm, Student Commons
Looking for an activity for the December 2nd PA Day? Bring your kiddos for a free pizza lunch, cookie decorating, crafts and a visit from Toronto Wildlife. Please RSVP by November 28 to firstname.lastname@example.org with number of attendees (adults and children) and any dietary needs.
Peer Mentorship @ the Family Care Office
Check out these great new peer-to-peer opportunities, facilitated by Family Care Office peer mentors!
- Book a one-on-one virtual meeting with a Family Care Office mentorship coordinator
- Student Caregivers Connect Virtual Chat: Every Wednesday from 1 pm – 2 pm starting November 30, student parents and caregivers are invited to come online for a virtual chat. This is a great opportunity to gain support and encouragement in a peer-to-peer environment. FCO peer mentors will be present at all sessions.
- Student Caregivers Connect Study Hub: Log into Zoom every Thursday morning to study or write with an accountability group of other caregivers. Email email@example.com for the link.
- Join the “UofT Students with Families Connect” Facebook group