October 27, 2023 | Charles Street Major Project Updates
2023/2024 Elevator Modernization Ambassador Position
It is important that you read all the information provided in the following application package prior to completing and submitting your application. The following information is included in the application package:
- Eligibility Information
- How to submit your application
- Interview Information
- Job Description
We are looking for 2 individuals to join the existing team of Elevator Ambassadors. These staff assist the Building Operations team in their efforts to stay connected to the broader University Family Housing community while the building elevators undergo modernization. The employment contract is for six months, beginning November 10, 2023, and ending on May 10, 2024.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Ontario, and currently reside in either 30 or 35 Charles Street West.
Strong interpersonal skills and customer service experience are preferred.
To apply for the position, you must submit/complete the following two steps:
- Complete the online application form (which will automatically be submitted to the Assistant Manager, Building Operations & Services) available here: https://forms.office.com/r/G6qiwyECgq
- A .pdf of a current resume (max. two pages).Resumes should be submitted in one email as .pdf files, labelled with the applicants last name, first initial and type of file (e.g. smithjresume). Late applications will not be considered. Please submit your resume to:
Michael Kaev – Assistant Manager, Building Operations & Services
The deadline for all submissions is November 1, 2023, at 3:00pm
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates will be emailed to set an interview time. First-round interviews will be held virtually via Microsoft teams (or an alternative video conferencing service) between November 1, 2023, and November 3, 2023 (subject to change). Successful applicants will be contacted following the interview and internal review of their candidacy.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
2023/2024 Elevator Ambassador Job Description
The elevator modernization project began at 35 Charles in May 2023. To conduct this work, one elevator is taken out of service at a time, and it takes approximately 10-12 weeks to modernize each elevator. As a result, the building only has 2 operating elevators during this modernization period. Estimated completion of the elevator modernization project at 35 Charles is December 2023. Once 35 Charles is completed, we will begin modernization of the elevators at 30 Charles. The project is expected to last approximately 18 months for both buildings. We have hired Elevator Ambassadors that reside at 30/35 Charles Street West for the construction period to assist tenants as described in the general roles and responsibilities. It is our goal to have two ambassadors working together for each scheduled shift to assist tenants and answer questions.
General Roles and Responsibilities
- Greeting residents in the lobby and providing information to assist with ease of access to the building during the elevator modernization. This includes providing directions to nearby stairwells, providing information on times to use the elevator where there is less demand, and any modernization updates we would like to share.
- Provide a welcoming attitude that can ease any frustrations from residents due to the longer wait times.
- Assist with managing crowds in the lobby during times of peak elevator usage. Ensure paths are open for residents who are leaving the building. Create waiting lines for elevators if required.
- Perform daily walkthrough of all floors, especially the 2nd floor, and speak with any residents who may have been waiting long on their floor for an elevator to come. Advise where the stairs are and provide that as an option to leave the building.
- Oversee move-in & move-outs. Ensure the service elevator is taken off service as soon as the move is complete. Provide information to waiting residents when moves are happening and advise them when they are expected to be completed.
- Listen to resident concerns and feedback. Take notes and share with Building Operations
- Experience working with the public
- Experience in a customer-service centered role
- Experience providing information in a public setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational skills
Conditions and Hours of Employment
- Employment term is for a maximum of 6 months with option for renewal. Variable hours of work. Staff to work on a rotational schedule.
- Monday – Friday 3:00pm – 7:00pm
- Weekends & Holidays 12:00pm – 4:00pm
- Staff to report to Building Operations staff. (On-call Junior Operations Coordinators & Assistant Manager, Building Operations & Services)
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
Rate of Pay